Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Snow Moon

It's a full moon tonight -- the "Snow Moon." Every month's full moon has a name, and this is the one for February. Occasionally a month will have a Blue Moon, the second of two full moons -- but that doesn't often happen. Now, I don't know why this is but it almost always snows on my birthday. It did this year, last year, the year before that and so on. It happened when I lived in Utah, and it even happened when I lived in Saint Louis. It may not be a gigantic snow (except in Utah) but odds are pretty good it's gonna snow where ever I am on my birthday. Amazing. I like to think of it as, God thinks I'm so special he gives me His own special gift every year for my birthday.

Has everyone been watching the Olympics? I have to say, this is the first year I can remember not being absolutely glued to them. I've not watched a single event, nor a single moment. I suppose I've just lost interest in former lifelong interests. Plus, when I went shopping for the new TV last week (
the Olympics just wouldn't be the same w/ this itty bitty 19" TV) I got sidetracked by a Coach sale and bought another handbag. I'm truly a addicted, always have been. Can you say Handbag Image hosting by Photobucket ? Go ahead, you won't hurt my feelings. Oh, another problem I have: I Image hosting by Photobucket Oh, be still my beating heart!

I have a photo of the most gorgeous baby born since Son of Sam arrived:


This is Kayleigh May Rogers, age 2 mos., Sister's new baby granddaughter. Look at those chunky little legs and arms!! She's such a good baby, she doesn't shrieeeeeeeeeeeeeek, she just frets a little instead of wailing. Is she not the most precious? Oh yes, she is. What a little blessing!

The Duck sent me the following. Ordinarily he's not swift enough to come up w/ something like this on his own but someone w/ a functioning brain sent it to him first:

A father put his daughter to bed and listened to her prayers. She ended by
saying: "God Bless mommy, God bless daddy, God bless grandma and good-bye grandpa."
The father asked: "Why did you say good-bye grandpa?"
The little girl said: "I don't know daddy, it just seemed like the thing to
do."
The next day, grandpa died. The father thought it was a strange
coincidence.
A few months later, the father put the girl to bed and listened to her
prayers,which went like this: "God bless mommy, God bless daddy and
good-bye grandma."
The next day, the grandmother died.
Oh my gosh, thought the father, this kid is in contact with the other side.
Several weeks later, the father heard his daughter say: "God bless mommy and good-bye daddy."
He practically went into shock. He couldn't sleep all night and got up at
the crack of dawn to go to his office. He was nervous as a cat all day, had
lunch sent in, and watched the clock. He figured if he could get by until
midnight he would be okay.
He felt safe in the office, so instead of going home at the end of the day
he stayed there, drinking coffee, looking at his watch and jumping at every sound.
Finally, when midnight arrived, he breathed a sigh of relief and went home.
When he got home his wife said: "I've never seen you work so late, what's the matter?"
He said: "I don't want to talk about it, I've just spent the worst day of
my life."
She said: "You think you had a bad day? You'll never believe what happened to me! This morning, the milkman dropped dead on our porch."

You gotta admit, that really is funny!

Poor Tom Cruise. Once considered a complete class act, this is now what he's reduced to, and deservedly so in my opinion: Image hosting by Photobucket
Yeah, it must be nice to be so perfect and wonderful Tom, but I sure can't wait to hear all about Katie and that "silent birth" Scientologists demand. Oh -- and no drugs either during labor. Good luck w/ that one! Congratulations on becoming a laughingstock.

Finally ... *sigh* If I didn't live down here I wouldn't even dream this was possible but you wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen. Trust me when I say this does not surprise me in the least. It's the Redneck Hot Tub!



Kill me now ...

No comments: