Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

For Mamma Roo

who is always so patient! Many thanks, sweets! As for the rest of you, enjoy!

I had to delete the slideshow. It's an attempt to "repair" my blog, which appears to have an intense dislike for slideshows. Sorry!

This was so much fun for me, except for finding that many of the photos I'd planned to share from the last church function are not compatible w/ the slideshow. I do not know why. It wants jpg images and that's what I gave it. I even deleted and resaved them as jpgs but no go. So I'll figure something else out! Meanwhile, the descriptions of the photos are as follows:

1. That's my Big Man, my Heart Throb, my Boy!
2. This actually is from church: Samantha, Hannah (granddaughter of), Arthur the pastor, and Joshua.
3. Baby Nose
4. Mama and Son
5. Some of the wildly rampant Kudzu -- it really is beautiful around the ranch.
6. Mama, who would not stay back enough for me to photograph her -she wanted scratches and smooches and cookies, OH MY!
7. Another Kudzu shot on our land.
8. Baby, thinking he's gonna nibble on his brother's butt!

I'll work on the rest as time permits ... As a matter of fact, I have an idea!

These are some of the images that refused to work in the slideshow. Above, Daddy is playing horseshoes. I didn't ask but I'm sure he WON! Daddy is a success at every single thing he attempts.

This is the only photo of my mama that is not blurred. Remember how I always talk about "Here she comes, on her little wheels"? She's like a whirlwind all the time, and none of the photos showed her clearly except this one. Case closed.


I just love this photo! This is Wanda, the pastor's precious wife, and of course my daddy. In the background, you get just a little peek at Glenda who is the sweetest little thing!

And tonight, don't forget to set your clocks back ("Spring forward, Fall back") but this is the last time we'll do it this way. Currently, daylight time begins in the United States on the first Sunday in April and ends on the last Sunday in October. On the first Sunday in April, clocks are set ahead one hour at 2:00 a.m. local standard time, which becomes 3:00 a.m. local daylight time. On the last Sunday in October, clocks are set back one hour at 2:00 a.m. local daylight time, which becomes 1:00 a.m. local standard time. These dates were recently modified with the passage of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, Pub. L. no. 109-58, 119 Stat 594 (2005). Starting in March 2007, daylight time in the United States will begin on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November.

Not all places in the U.S. observe daylight time. In particular, Hawaii and most of Arizona do not use it. Indiana just recently adopted the use of it beginning in 2006.

* In 2006, daylight time begins on April 2 and ends on October 29.

* In 2007, daylight time begins on March 11 and ends on November 4. [New law goes into effect.]

* In 2008, daylight time begins on March 9 and ends on November 2.

Many other countries observe some form of "summer time", but they do not necessarily change their clocks on the same dates as the U.S.

Daylight time and time zones in the U.S. are defined in the U.S. Code, Title 15, Chapter 6, Subchapter IX - STANDARD TIME. The link will take you to the Cornell Law site. Yes ... I read all kinds of things, not all of it novels and news.

It would also be a primo time to change your batteries in your smoke detectors. Ten years of living in STL taught me that -- every time this year all the media pounded that into our heads and it's stuck -- not a bad idea!

No comments: