Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Duck

Today is the Duck's birthday. As it happened, I was out moseying around (after I picked up my new reading glasses!) just as he was getting off work. Since the Susie was going to be late getting home he was on his own for dinner so he and I went to Nick's together where he regaled me w/ many stories. Let me tell you about the Duck.

He's a pretty good old boy but lands! He is a redneck born and bred. He was single and a real ladies man for awhile but that got old. He got pretty tired of the dating scene:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He often went to family reunions looking for dates, mostly finding his cousin Debra whom no one would date:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Oh he was a real ladies man alright but he was also lonely before he met the Susie and sometimes found himself in trouble, trying to drown his sorrows:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When he met his special girl and they decided to get hitched, he was determined to have a right proper wedding so they bought a book:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He spared no expense at the ritziest store in town:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nothing but the finest for his little dumpling:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The two of them are real good to each other and have a fine time. For his birthday she made him this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For her birthday, he gave her that but if you read the cover you can see he probably had ulterior motives -- see "possum" or as we Yankees call it, "roadkill":

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, it wasn't long 'fore the babies started comin' and he took lots of photos of all his "pride and joys":
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a photo of them and the first little beauty queen:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, with the babies for awhile there'd be no more of the finer things in life like boats:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Outdoor grills:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Riding lawnmowers:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fancy swimming pools:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But it didn't take them long to get on their feet and become financially stable. It was the Susie's personal belief in teaching the little ones at home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It wasn't long before they decided to renovate their house:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And since the Duck never would do without this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the Susie insisted on the same for her home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Her proud hubby added some of his own flavor to the remodeling project:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You have to have classy cars with such a classy home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Still, you gotta have that quality time together so he Duck takes the kids fishing:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and he even came up with his own innovative way of measuring their catch -- he wouldn't take an illegal fish, you know:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And they all enjoy camping together:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Duck enjoys cooking out when friends come over, which is why we never let him near the grill when he's here on the ranch:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And at Thanksgiving he insists on cooking the turkey himself:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He joins groups with his buddies because all work and no play makes him a very sad quacker:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We all think it's a good thing he finally gave up deer hunting:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He tried really hard but somehow it just never worked out for him. He never did figure out why.

So today he's a year older and tonight he'll put his tooth in water:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just like my granny did.

At Christmas there'll be the usual big celebration:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Everyone, I mean everyone has a real good time:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sometimes him and my daddy have such a good time together they just fall asleep standing up:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And you know that Duck will put up his usual Christmas decorations:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So Duck: I know I got you good at the restaurant tonight, and you'll lay awake tonight plotting against me. But remember -- You will never get me nearly as well as I always get you -- even if Daddy does help you!! You know what we Yankees always say, don't you?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And by the way, I'm really sorry I told them you're now a Senior Citizen. I didn't realize they believed me until they gave you a Senior Citizen's Discount on your dinner. And I really didn't know they were going to advertise to the whole restaurant, "It's his birthday today!! This is his first day as a SENIOR CITIZEN!!" But I did sort of figure they'd come out clapping and singing you a song!!!!!! You will never get me that good so just feel free to wave the white flag anytime you want, dude! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Oh man ... I really crack myself up!!!!!!!! Gee. I just thought of something: You know every single person in that restaurant. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Oh me ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your story cracked me up! lol It sorta reminds me of someone elses story telling ablility...... oh yeah....ME! lol
I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Miss ya!