Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Note to Self #4

My mom has been battling tooth and nail w/ Avon ever since she's lived down here. There are a half dozen representatives listed in the phone book but for some reason no one wants to do business w/ my mom. Permit me to stress, they don't even know Mom so that couldn't possibly be why all the Avon reps down here are avoiding her. They're just totally lackadaisical when it comes to selling Avon, apparently to anyone. In fact, that would be the general attitude concerning just about everything in the south -- no one seems to get too het up about anything 'less another southerner is in need. And then look out, here they come a-flyin'! So today after a week of waiting for a couple of different Avon-Lady-No-Shows (also No-Calls) I said, "Jeez Mom. Why don't you try eBay? It really is like the commercial, you can find anything on eBay." She responded that she didn't know anything about eBay and Daddy is just too busy to help her. I told her I'd take care of it, and I did. I located the product she wants which is just now on the market, I placed a bid and now she's calling me every two minutes to ask if "we're still the high bidder." Yes, we certainly are! But this brings me to

Note to Self #4:
Think before you turn your mother into an eBay junkie. It would appear she now has eBay Fever. Nothing good can come of this.

One hour eleven minutes left until bidding ends on Mom's product, and she keeps asking, "Are we still the high bidder?" YUP! We surely are!

On a brighter note, Daddy and I had too much fun when we went to the PBR Championships! We had the best seats in the house for the show and even better, there was only one slight injury and thank you God, it was non-invasive -- no dangling body parts, no gaping wounds or intestines -- we even saw it happen. Dude got his arm jerked out of the socket. That I could deal w/ quite easily. And because we had such great seats we got more up close and personal than I cared to to bulls such as Kid Rock and Slim Shady. These guys are world class bulls -- now you're going to ask what that means, so I'm going to tell you: It's the Buck Factor. This is no kidding. The more they buck, the better the bull. And they looked so docile in the corrals before they were brought in. However, I did happen to notice they scored quite high in the Ugly Category. As you can see, neither Kid Rock or Slim Shady are anything to write home about. They were right up there in the Stink Factor as well.

In recent news, Bee Gee Barry Gibb bought Johnny and June Carter Cash's home which seems somehow blasphemous to me. I mean, the guy is a Bee Gee for crying out loud! "Barry Gibb is hoping to soak up the inspiration from Johnny Cash's house. Gibb and his wife, Linda, have bought Cash's rustic home in Hendersonville, Tennessee, for an undisclosed amount. (They paid $2.5 million.) Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, lived there for 35 years -- the entire course of their marriage." Yeah, good luck w/ that "inspiration" there, Barry. It just seems so wrong to me -- this was the beloved home of a Nashville Legend! This is how I remember Johnny: I miss him still.

I just have to note on FoodTV tonight Queen Latifah joins Emeril in the kitchen to cook "Food of Love" -- I don't even want to think about what that could mean because the first thing that springs to mind is warm apple pie -- EGAD! -- and on Iron Chef it's Battle Banana. No I am not making it up.

Update on Uncle Steve:
This is not necessarily a good update. When he first had his stroke Aunt Pat was told by her insurance company that as long as he continued to improve he'd be kept in Rehab at the hospital but last week she was informed that next Tuesday he's got to go. To a nursing home. Today Daddy went to the hospital to visit him and now the story is, he could come home as long as someone took him to an outpatient rehab facility three times per week or he could go inpatient and receive rehab five times per week. There are two inpatient places they're looking at, one in Jackson and one here and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize if he were here it would make the whole family's lives a lot easier. Aunt Pat has been w/ Uncle Steve 24/7 until she returned to work yesterday, but afterwards she was right back at the hospital and went to work from there this morning. I'm not really sure how much thinner she can spread herself but she's not once uttered a single word of complaint. Still, you have to worry about her! It's been nothing but worry around here since the day before Thanksgiving. I don't know that things will ever be the same again w/ Uncle Steve. He can navigate around w/ a walker -- Dude has worked absolutely tirelessly, also w/out a word of complaint -- but he has no use of his right arm. Of course, he's right handed. I wish I had better news about him ...

And Mom has won her auction! I've paid for it and I assume it'll be shipped tomorrow. Oh happy day!

Finally, tonight is a full moon, the Wolf Moon! Oh please don't tell me Legs is going to howl all night because of this ... She puts her nose in the air and howls when she hears sirens (even on TV) and she howls when Daddy sets off one of the car alarms. I say "Daddy" because it's always Daddy who sets them off. Poor soul. I don't know how he does it but every time it happens I dissolve in laughter!

More later --

No comments: