Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Friday, January 13, 2006

I Tried ... Plus Cool Sites!

I really, really tried but I just couldn't help myself -- I have to talk about this. Today, on my MSN Homepage what do I find staring at me? The Top Ten Lies Happy Husbands Tell. I kid you not. Allow me to elucidate -- along w/ my comments in italics:

"Sure, honey, that dress looks fine."
Why he tells it: Hassle avoidance
Truth: He's ignoring you and doesn't care what you look like.

"I can fix it."
Why he tells it: Ego protection
Truth: He hopes he can fix it, and if he can't this is a good way to put you off.

"I was not looking at her boobs."
Why he tells it: To achieve a delicate balance between marital harmony and 4 million years of biological conditioning
Truth: He's a big fat liar. You know and he knows you know he was looking at her boobs.

"Nothing's wrong."
Why he tells it: To lick his wounds in private
Truth: One of the biggest sins -- he's pouting.

"I tried to call you."
Why he tells it: Self-defense
Truth: The biggest sin -- he's a big fat liar.

"I don't want to have sex unless you want to."
Why he tells it: To avoid seeming like a sex-crazed monkey
Truth: Can we talk? I have never heard those words spoken to me. But I'm gonna guess it's because he wants to appear "sensitive" to you so you'll cave.

"I'm the best, baby."
Why he tells it: To make you glad you're with him
Truth: He believes it and is making a lame attempt to convince you. My last exboyfriend used to say that to me all the time. He's lame.

"My old girlfriend? She was just okay."
Why he tells it: Self-preservation
Truth: At the risk of sounding redundant, he's a big fat liar.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Why he tells it: Desperate self-preservation
Truth: Two words -- Bill and Clinton.

"I'll never lie to you."
Why he tells it: To live happily ever after
Truth: He's a big fat liar.

This now concludes my Dating/Relationships Lesson for today. Incidentally, the article was written by a man. Surprise! On to the Cool Sites!

This Cool Site brings new life to the classic game Twenty Questions. Artificial life, that is. The game works the same as it did when you were a child. However, now you’re playing against an artificial mind. Start by thinking up an object. Or you can think of something intangible, if you like. Then, you’ll be asked a series of questions. Your choices are “yes,” “no,” “maybe,” or one of several other responses. It is my duty to warn you that this can become addictive. And if you don’t like to be beaten by a machine, skip this site!
TwentyQ

Have you ever been tempted by a product you saw on an infomercial? Come on, admit it -- you have! I never buy anything via TV. If I get it at Bed, Bath and Beyond I can return it when I do indeed find out that when it was actually too good to be true. But with this Cool Site you can find out what others are saying before you buy it. At Infomercial Reviews, you can read others’ experiences with particular products and companies. So before you buy, find out what’s true and what isn’t.
InfoReview


Now this is a Cool Site I just ran across and can really utilize! And if you’re thinking of moving also, check out City-Data. It’s a clearinghouse of information on cities across America. Select a city to view vital statistics. Population, crime data, and median income and property values are available. You can also see which cities make the top 100 in a variety of categories. The lists include safest cities and cities with the highest median income. The stats can become a little overwhelming –- this is a lot of data. So, if there are too many numbers, browse the photos. There are pictures of many of the cities. Plus, you can access weather forecasts and climate summaries.
CityData

More later --

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I totally checked out and loved everything! *lol* I had another site for that 20 questions game and it rocks! But the funny thing is when I do it, it always guesses but when Armando did...nada! *lol*