Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

You Know It's Springtime ...

when THIS comes in your email at 11.00 on a Sunday night:

CNN Breaking News

-- At least eight people were killed when a tornado slammed into
northwestern Tennessee's Dyer County, emergency official says.

And it only got worse after that w/27 deaths in Tennessee alone, but fortunately it didn't hit us this time. We had some hail and high winds, but even in town there wasn't damage. Two years ago next 4 May a tornado went through that did take houses and buildings in town as well as tearing up Jackson quite a bit -- and parts in between. What really worries me is, living out here there are no sirens. One could land across the road and we'd never know until it was too late. If the power stays on the local channel in Jackson does nothing but weather the entire time tornadoes/extreme weather are a threat so that's something. But most of the time the power goes out fast!

I have more cats -- I love these cats! You simply must see them!

"I have heard of this condition before but to see it up close ... disturbing."

Gracie practices a little air guitar for her band, Death Leopard.

And, this one is for you, Sharmy!!

Oliver hates you for rendering him hairless with your evil Three Mile Island Lobster.

You know you love me, and you love the cats so don't go there. Image hosting by Photobucket

Now. I got this in my email today and at first I thought it was very interesting, and why not? But after pondering on it for a minute I decided no way:

This is a picture of a public toilet in Houston:

Now that you've seen the outside view, take a look at the inside view...


It's made entirely of one-way glass! No one can see you from the outside, but when you are inside it's like sitting in a clear glass box!

Now would you... COULD YOU... use it?! That is the question. I just don't know ...

How about an uber-freebie? You know me, any book is a good book up to and including a phone book when I'm traveling, I've forgotten to bring a book and the hotel gift shop is closed. (That really sucks, by the way.) This may be a little young but who among us hasn't read a Harry Potter book? That's what I thought! And this one is free so let's go for it!

Free Book!

In the news, here's something I never thought I'd see -- Suge Knight files for bankruptcy but there's a method to his madness:

Suge Is Broke!

Good grief, Garth Brooks' ex-wife was kidnapped:

Sandy @ Gunpoint!

And, if you weren't concerned about flying yet get a load of this -- although weapons weren't smuggled ... yet. But what's next for the right price?

Air Marshals Plead Guilty!

Since it's almost midnight I better shut my laptop down for the night. Tomorrow I have the beginnings of the lovely task of going through boxes and getting the remainder of my personal belongings ready for a tag sale. It's been makin' me cry. A lot!

More later --

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I have to get rid of all my worldly goods. Everything is sitting in the corner of Daddy's shop and he can stand it no longer so it must go. And since I have only 200 square feet of living space I have no room for anything. It makes me sad ...