Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Anyway ... Plus Cool Sites!

I know you love Cool Sites so I'm posting some today. After I finish here I'm headed out to the shop to go through the remaining five boxes -- yay! And soon I'll have my sale. I should make a bundle off all my jeans alone. Sheesh! So the monies I garner from the sale will finance my Summer of Fun ... And new clothes, more Coach, Prada and Louis Vuitton bags I can't live w/out and so on. I'm shameless, I know. On to the Cool Sites!

Birthday facts
Do you know how many days until your next birthday? Or how many ounces of water the candles on your birthday cake would boil? This Cool Site can tell you that and so much more. For example, you can find out the moon phase on the date of your birth. You’ll also see how old you are in seconds and minutes. I don’t know why you’d want to your age in seconds. It’s guaranteed to make you feel older than you really are! And in case you’re dying to know, you’ll even find the Julian date of your birthday. For those who are into numerology, you’ll find your life path number. This number reveals your personality traits. Read what your number means. Whether it’s accurate is something you’ll have to determine yourself.
OLDER THAN YOU THOUGHT

Finding a needle in a haystack
When it comes time to select a book to read, what do you do? If you are like most people, you look at the front and back covers. Or you can search the book’s index. That’s so 90s. At Amazon, you can now search inside books. For example, let’s say you want to know more about stock market predictions. Enter that phrase in the search box, and click the GO! button. You will get a list of search results, including excerpts from books containing the words you searched for. Click on one of the excerpts to see the full page from the book you selected.
Note: If you are not a registered Amazon customer, you will have to set up an account before viewing book excerpts.
FIND THAT BOOK

What’s on sale this week?
The Internet is a great place to get news. The headlines are constantly updated, and you don’t get ink on your fingers. But I always feel that something is missing--the ad inserts! This is a dangerous site for me but I love it anyway! Now you can get the ad inserts without buying the newspaper. At this Cool Site, you can view weekly store specials. Just enter your ZIP code to see what’s on sale in your area. Browse through the ads by store. Or, search by category for results from all stores. If you see something you want, add it to your shopping list. When you’re done, print your list. It will contain the information you need to make your purchases. You can also sign up for sales alerts. You’ll get an e-mail notice when new sales match your search.
SHOP TILL YOU DROP

New wallpaper for your desktop
The Windows’ desktop wallpaper is kind of boring. Sure, Microsoft tried to spice it up a bit with XP. But a picture of a beach is distracting -– it makes me wish I was there! And that green Teletubbie hill gets old after awhile. Well, this site is all about cool wallpaper. The creator seems to be handy with Photoshop. He’s created a lot of wallpaper specifically for Windows. There’s also a series that’s referred to as “Disasters.” These photographs simulate events from movies like Independence Day and Deep Impact. And if you prefer beach photos, you'll find those, too!
GIMME COOL WALLPAPER

I'm off to the shop now. I'm really getting excited as I had no idea how much Stufff I could get rid of -- nor how much Stuff I could keep! Now I can get even more Stuff which is of course one of my favorite things to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol I love the age thing! LoL