Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Kentucky Derby Day!

Saturday, 6 May, 9.30am:

Today is the run for the roses! Of course there is no way I'm going to miss it. I look forward to the Triple Crown every spring. I've been to the Derby, and the excitement is like none other, and I'm not including the people you might encounter. Once, that dufus Anna Nicole Smith was sitting behind us (if that wasn't bad enough) and was drinking, eating and cussing up a storm when she caught sight of Kid Rock walking by. She said something snide to him and he wasn't about to let that pass by -- and they were off! She began flinging food as fast as she spewed venom, he cussed her back while dodging food -- it was just a complete mess. She was asked to leave, so of course she cussed even louder as she was drunkenly dragged away. She has absolutely no respect for herself so why should anyone else bestow her w/ any? Yuck.

I was going to mention how lazy I feel today when my mom told me she and Daddy are going to take a nap. I don't know why she's tired but Daddy and the Duck were at Relay For Life 1.00am and then had to be back at Beech Lake to dismantle their event and haul it out of there by 7.30 this morning. He returned two hours later and I imagine he's exhausted. He did say the Duck didn't even bother getting undressed last night, just took his boots off and slept in a recliner. Those guys worked hard on that project, at least ten hours a day this past week but it was for a good cause of course. I don't know how much $ they made but when I saw them last night they had a steady business and lots of people were down there. I was lucky to find a parking space for Lovey where I did!

Whoops -- gotta do something, be back shortly!

Saturday, 6 May, 7.00pm:

That wasn't exactly "shortly" but I'm back. Some interesting things have happened and as a result, I'm now refusing to help in any way. Do it yourself, and by the way -- good luck!! You simply do not speak badly of someone whose favors you need, Moron #1. Duh. Try using the brain the good Lord give you for once, okay? Well, that was a stupid thing to say because if you'd been using your brain your life wouldn't be in the sorry shape it's in right now. The deception has caught up w/ you and now it's time to pay the price. I simply couldn't live that way -- but that's the difference between us. That and you're a freak. Anyway ... That's how it goes.


Dang! Cops is on. In the first segment this old girl bit the cop twice and in the second this they pull over a car that's been reported stolen and when he makes contact w/ the driver this girl begins resisting so Dude took her to the ground! Ohhh, they just found meth in her handbag. That explains a lot. "That meth is not mine!" Yup, we know honey. This must be a Bad Girls edition.

A hero and his unbeaten horse won the Kentucky Derby today. I love horse racing and I always check out the horses carefully before the race to see who I like and today my favorite was Barbaro because he was feisty! When they cinched him he started bucking, he didn't want to be mounted and then he wouldn't get in the gate. I knew that pretty bay colt had it in him, and did he ever put on a show! Check him out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Reminiscent of Smarty Jones who was also undefeated going into the Derby, Barbaro too went to his knees coming out of the gate! Today's win gave trainer Michael Matz his first Derby victory and jockey Edgar Prado his first winning ride. Matz' joyous day came nearly 17 years after he led three children to safety within minutes after United Airlines flight 232 from Denver to Chicago cartwheeled down a runway, caught fire and skidded to a stop in an Iowa cornfield. He led the two brothers and their sister, who were traveling without their parents, away from the burning wreckage. D.D. Alexander, Matz's fiancee at the time and now his wife, also survived and the two stayed with the children until their parents arrived. Matz and another passenger then went back inside the plane after hearing the cries of a baby and pulled the infant out of a luggage compartment. There's always a story at the Derby. Always, and I guarantee you it always brings a tear to your eye. More later --

No comments: