Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Preakness

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My mood today: Hot and Cranky.
It's 92°out in my shop right now!

Today is the Preakness and naturally I'm keepin' an eyeball on my favorite, Barbaro.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll be watching a few others as well, just to see who's antsy and who's laid-back. Dang, it's the only way I know to "pick" a winner.
Barn notes from the site:
Preakness Favorite Barbaro Arrives at Pimlico; Sweetnorthernsaint Will Be Last to Make Scene
BALTIMORE, 5-19-06 – The van from Fair Hill Training Center containing Preakness Stakes morning-line favorite Barbaro and contender Diabolical pulled into the Pimlico backstretch at about 2:35 Friday afternoon after the 60-mile trip, greeted by the largest throng of media all week at the Pimlico Stakes Barn.
“It was short,’’ said assistant trainer Peter Brette of the trip before Barbaro settled into the traditional Kentucky Derby winner’s Stall 40. “It was a real pleasure to take him back to Fair Hill and let him be a horse for a week out of the media (spotlight) and all. It was pretty quiet there. He relaxes there; he’s home and it was really nice just to take him to Churchill Downs and back to Fair Hill.”
Barbaro was first off the van past a large contingent of photographers and TV cameras, along with his pony, Messaging. Trainer Michael Matz was scheduled to arrive at Pimlico about 90 minutes later.
“He didn’t look as though he lost too much weight at Churchill Downs,’’ said Brette, who also exercises the undefeated son of Dynaformer. “He’s been eating and he’s very, very bright. We’ll know a lot more tomorrow. We were thinking about bringing him earlier, but he was eating well at home and we can turn him out there also,’’ Brette said. “He can eat grass there. It’s a much better environment. This is very tough for any horse – to come and do this in two weeks. He’s a man now, and I think at Churchill he showed what a classy animal he is,’’ Brette said. “He’ll settle in straight away here also. He’s a real professional.’’

"He's a man now," oh my! He's a three year old baby! Please. But then my four year old is still a baby ... probably because I still treat him that way. I can't help it, I tell you! I try, but I can't help but baby all the horses, all the animals on the ranch. They didn't ask to come live w/ me, I asked for them and they deserve the best that can be provided.

I'm getting more and worried about my mom, and soon I'm gonna be really angry: Recently she's begun crying very easily and this does not please me. We're all under stress, and the largest part is needless stress, something that shouldn't even be happening to us! Being the glue that keeps this family together is finally wearing on her and I simply cannot tolerate that. No one wants to see me angry over this. Trust me.

I guess everyone knows by now the so-called Runaway Bride will not be a bride after all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BUG EYES DUMPED!


And the question that's burned in everyone's minds for many years:
Who plays "Jack" in the Jack in the Box commercials?
THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

I gotta go take a shower. I'm irritable because I'm sticky. Bleah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! I seen the news about the horse....it is so sad.. But I have a question for you..? Why is it when a horse breaks it's leg they have to be put to sleep??

Samantha said...

That was in the Olden Days. Sometimes the horse must be put down, that's true, but it depends on the injury incurred. You can bet Barbaro has the best equine care possible, and they'll save him.

At least ... I have to believe that. This has hurt me sooo deeply, yesterday I cried so long it gave me a headache.

Many, many prayers for Barbaro, his trainers, owners, jockey Edgar Prado and so on.