Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

This Isn't Happening ... Again

Oh but of course it is. I'm in Major Stress Mode: I have a gazillion and one things to do before I leave for Tunica and because I'm worrying I cannot sleep. I am spring cleaning my house because 1) It needs it and 2) This will afford me the opportunity to locate even more Stuff for my garage sale: Kill two birds w/ one stone -- as it were; I have to take Legs to be groomed; I have two test drives to do, and I'm taking my mama w/ me because she wants to go to Target; I did manage to get my hair cut and do some necessity shopping but I gave out before I got my brows waxed so I have that yet to do -- I can't exactly lasso me a cowboy w/ shaggy hair and a unibrow, can I? I have tons and tons and tons of things to do and that's what's keeping me awake and beyond stressed. I won't get finished in time, I know I won't, but it honestly helps when my mom pets me and says very soothingly, "Don't worry. Things always fall into place." It's 5.00 am. Do you suppose it's too early to wake her so she can say that to me now?

I was so tired tonight I took a Tylenol PM a little after 10.00 pm but I flopped around so much I made Legs mad and she left the bed. (But that made Roger happy.) I still hadn't even dozed by 1.00 so I got up and took another Tylenol PM. Not a single visit from Mr. Sandman yet so I finally got up, and before I made Legs mad at me again. I'm wiped out but if I'd actually fall asleep now I wouldn't wake up in like 2 - 3 hours and then I'd be really ticked at myself.

Two notes and I'm getting to work:
Barbaro is doing much better than expected, but still has a 50/50 chance of survival. The good news is, he's eating like ... well, a horse, he's weight-bearing on that leg and he's been flirting w/ nearby mares. He nickers at them!
And Tuesday was my mare's birthday! She got special treats because she's a special girl. I pulled a bunch of clover for her which she adored! Her son of course had to slobber all over it before I could get it to her but she got the lion's share of what I'd pulled. She's a gentle, sweet girl and I'm so blessed, so very blessed to live w/ these magnificent animals. However, as evidenced by Barbaro even though the are powerful, they are also fragile in many ways.

And now I'm off to work. I'll never get finished in time ... Maybe I need to wake up Mama for that peptalk I need. Nah ... I can wait for another 90 minutes. I just can't be cruel to her like that.

See ya --

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will get everything done! :) I hope you have fun!

Samantha said...

Please keep telling me that. *sigh*

Good news is, last night I slept like a corpse for right about 8 hours. YAY!

Anonymous said...

that's great! :) it is 2:45 am and I can't sleep...look at my page...ha ha! :)

Anonymous said...

where o' where is samantha at now??

Samantha said...

I'll tell you where I am -- IN AGONY! I've been working hard to prepare for garage sale, etc. but you know it's been strangely liberating. I kid you not, I'm having FUN doing all this but these poor old bones sure have been feeling it lately. *LOL*

I'm gonna check your site out RIGHT NOW!

*hugs!*

Anonymous said...

Ok, my family has left...and I still haven't heard from you!! Where have you been?????