Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cool Sites!

I never thought I'd say this but I wish it would rain. It thundered last night forever -- it rained about 13 drops. It's been thundering for the past hour and I have yet to see moisture. We could use the rain and I could use some cooling off. It's that time of year: Too chilly for the pool, too hot to be comfortable. Sigh!

I thought since we're all using Furl now -- yeah, I'm laughing too -- I'd mention the section entitled "My Recommendations." I usually have some pretty cool recommendations and others ... well, it makes me wonder if someone adds them just to irritate me. For example:

Your Dirty Mind
Why would anyone recommend that to me especially considering they're basing that on what I've already Furled? Give me a break ...


This a great site, and one you can absolutely trust.

SourceForge
"SourceForge is the world's largest Open Source software development web site, hosting more than 100,000 projects and over 1,000,000 registered users with a centralized resource for managing projects, issues, communications, and code. SourceForge.net has the largest repository of Open Source code and applications available on the Internet, and hosts more Open Source development products than any other site or network worldwide. SourceForge.net provides a wide variety of services to projects we host, and to the Open Source community."

Here's another one I love:
Sysinternals
"The Sysinternals web site provides you with advanced utilities, technical information, and source code related to Windows internals that you won't find anywhere else."

And then there's Johnny. Usually he says: "Hi, I'm Johnny. I hack stuff," but today he's saying, "Normally, my site is here, but we're getting pounded with traffic so the site has curled up into the fetal position until things cool down. Please check back later!" I Furled him just because I'm curious!
I HACK STUFF

So you can tell I don't even have a category called "Fun Stuff." Others do, I don't. I Furl sites like:
Etymology
National Geographic
and
Librarians' Internet Index

Wait, this is fun stuff -- woo-hoo!
Legal Zoom
That's handy for your next prenuptial agreement!
Free e-books
Online free literacy for all -- although it occurs to me if you're already online and surfing, you're probably not illiterate.
And how about this one:
Aesop's Fables
Now who says I don't know how to rock and roll? Huh? Okay, whatever!

Who can resist Aviation Disasters?
Plane Crash Info
NTSB

How about Best of the Web:
Time's 50 Coolest Sites
30 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do
Best of the Web Directory
Okay, you gotta dig:
The Insult-o-Matic
It just called me a:
"Pus-sucking full o'yourself butt-licking scuz-bag!!!!!!!"
But I asked for Intense Abuse. I don't know why. Looking back, probably I'd have been better off w/ Slight or Regular Abuse. Sigh. I guess I'll curl up in a fetal position until my feelings aren't hurt anymore ... I'm posting a warning:
Use the Insult-o-Matic at your own risk!!

Later~

No comments: