Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

$1.99

And how much is fuel in your neighborhood? I never thought I'd see the day that it'd drop below $2.00 but here we are and woo-hoo! I'm going to Jackson tomorrow and I should fuel before I leave town. Do you realize this is the first time (in a long time) I'll do this w/ a smile on my face while I do so? Smile, nothing -- I'm flat gonna do the Happy Dance!

On the down side, I think I've developed an allergy to my beloved Furballs. I kid you not, every time one of them comes near me I sneeze my fool head off. This in no way means they'll be finding new homes, it just means I'll be taking lots more Sudafed! It's the only med that doesn't make me sleepy. Oh dear ... Speak of the devil! Scary Cat just jumped up in my lap to feel the heat coming off my laptop. What a dufus -- it's 80° outside! Sigh. He's lovable when he wants to be, God bless his little heart.

The Detroit Tigers won their division and my STL Cardinals are in the lead in the race for the National League Pennant 3-2. The winner plays the Tigers on Saturday night. Thus far the score is 1-0, Mets in the 4th. I'm not worried.

In the news today under the Asinine Category, Heather Mills-McCartney has new, exciting allegations about her soon to be ex, among them:
Heather claims that, among many other allegations, Paul choked her, poured wine on her, cut her with a broken wine glass and forbid her to breastfeed their child. Paul has slammed the accusations in a statement made to the press through his lawyers. His lawyers’ statement read, “Our client would very much like to respond in public and in detail to the allegations made recently against him by his wife and published in the press but he recognizes, on advice, that the only correct forum for his response to the allegations made against him is in the current divorce proceedings."


Oh, that's a little risque', is it not? Anyway, read it here:
ASININE ALLEGATIONS

Condi Rice tells Japan, "We will defend you" among growing fears of North Korea's apparent nuclear weaponry.
NO PROBLEM
Tell you what, I'd be sorta nervous if I lived next door to Kim Jong-il or any other nutcase. I saw on CNN that he was born in Siberia, he considers himself quite the ladies man, he perms his hair which I notice is getting pretty thin, stands 5'2" tall, drinks Hennessey cognac, and owns a collection of 20,000 movies which includes the complete James Bond series. Now, it is said that he'd stop being such a tiny tyrant (even I'm taller than he is) if he could play James Bond in the next movie. I just found a photo of him in my Deck of Weasels:
Need I say more?

Barbaro continues his slow but steady progress:
“Barbaro is wearing his new cast comfortably and his vital signs and appetite remain excellent,” said Dr. Dean W. Richardson, Chief of Surgery at Penn’s George D. Widener Hospital.
BARBARO
"Big B" is pictured w/ Dr. Richardson at University of Pennsylvania New Bolton Center, Barbaro's home since 20 May, 2006.

I have a wonderful horse, a gentle giant of a Palomino whom I love more than words can say. I don't believe any amount of money could buy him from me -- I was once given a $10,000 opening offer from some show people. My Big Man is more special than I have room for words to describe him. There is nothing like seeing him gallop to the pasture fenceline when he sees me, and hearing him nicker at me! I actually find comfort and solace feeling his warm breath on my cheek. Second to him, Barbaro is my hero. For more information on Barbaro's condition see:
TIM WOOLLERY

Wesley, Wesley, Wesley, what were you thinking?? He's been charged w/ tax fraud in an indictment alleging he illegally obtained nearly $12 million in refunds. Refunds? Now he's on the run, avoiding the Blade of the IRS. Sucks to be you, Wesley.
When are people gonna learn? Oh forget it -- I just remembered someone else who is ... less than diligent w/ his taxes. He's not anywhere near a living wage tax bracket, never has been, but he's careless. Sad. Some people just don't learn ...

Here's some trivia I bet you weren't aware of:
The Vatican employs 16 Retainers of Church Secret. These retainers receive a salary of 160,000 euros a year, but are not permitted to leave Vatican City.
160,000.00 EUR = 200,668.18 USD

Today is was 85° and sunny w/ a breeze. Tomorrow it we'll have thunderstorms w/ a high of 62° -- in other words, it'll be winter again! Of course, on the day I have errands to run, appointments to meet and dinner @ Outback to attend. On the other hand, you can't have the brilliant, fiery fall colors w/out rain and apparently somewhere around here are gorgeous leaves on trees.


As I've said previously, pine trees I'm surrounded by usually stay the same year round, as do the cedar trees. Sigh! Probably I'll see some pretty sights on the freeway tomorrow. But for now, I'm outta here -- Precious wants to go outside one last time before bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok...I'm totally sad..My gas prices are still $2.55! BLECH! Miss ya!