Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shine On, Shine On Harvest Moon ...

up in the sky ... Tonight in TN we'll enjoy a bright clear night, the better to enjoy this harvest moon! And hopefully the horses won't gaze longingly over the fenceline, drooling as they did last night, and be tempted like Adam to Eve's apple. We had men come in and work the pasture over about three weeks ago. First it was smoothed from all the deep, wide ruts, then grass seed was laid down and on top of that, 80 bales of staw. About a week after that, Bermuda sod was laid down in many areas -- a lot of sod! We watered, watered, watered, and the sod is beginning to take root!

It is now Sunday, three days later. The creepy horses made good use of that Harvest Moon and got into the pasture by knocking down the Texas gate that keeps them out, and they had a fine time munching on all that sod! We've put forth every effort to repair the damage, and now all we can do is sit and wait. Oh what a heartbreak that was!

My great friend Sharmy sent me this link:
FRIENDS
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I thought it was precious.

Typically, the weather has been hot/cold. It's usually warm during the day but really cools off at night. I like to leave the window next to my bed open but I keep waking w/ a sore throat which totally sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to cut back on that because it's very UNfun! Having the windows open 24/7 is overrated for me at least because of the pollen. It's been so long since it rained around here everything is all stirred up, and I cough and sneeze nearly continually. I've actually awoken in the middle of the night by sneezing! I take Sudafed which helps, a little.

On Friday, one of our much-loved local news anchors and his wife were struck by a car while taking their daily walk at 6.30 AM. Tom Britt survived, but unfortunately his wife did not.
Police are still seeking information about the hit-and-run driver.
HIT-AND-RUN
Meanwhile, his physical condition is improving but it's a sad story.
TOM BRITT

Oh me. Michael Schumacher blew his engine in the Japanese Grand Prix, and so will not end his career w/ the Formula One points championship. Fernando Alonso won that race.
ALONSO IN HEAVEN, SCHUMACHER IN HELL
Kill me now.

But it's not all bad news today! I have something brand new to post -- Cats Who Look Like Hitler! Observe:

I'd yell too if my name were "Maggot" !!

And my very favorite -- this one's for you, Sharmy!
You know you love him, girly!! HAHAHA!!

I can't leave today w/out posting some freebies:
Sign up for emailed coupons!
ARBY'S
KFC
QUIZNO'S
and for a free appetizer,
TGIF
And finally, a free movie rental:
HOLLYWOOD VIDEO
I know Sharmy will use that one but we only have Blockbuster here so I won't. *pout*

That's it for now! Later --

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!!! I LOVED the hitler cats!!! Even the scary one! lol
I woke up with a sore throat this morning too...blech!

Samantha said...

How did I know you'd love those cats? You love all my cat photos! I know what rocks your socks! Anything w/ FUR! *LOL*