Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Today I braved the plethora of last-minute Christmas shoppers. I went so far as returning the Trac Phone and cards w/ the minutes on them but after that I couldn't take any more of the wall-to-wall shoppers. The rest of the returns are back in the box in the tool shed (*snicker* incidentally, it's quite a "tool shed" -- 50'x60' *snicker*) where they'll remain probably till I decide to jet back to Vegas or Cancun or somewhere. That could prove to be an incentive, more spending $!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I went to my appointment w/ Cindi the Shrink who has an entirely different take on the problem I'm having w/ someone. Cindi says it seems to her that this person whom she knows as well has a sexual addiction and as w/ any addiction such as a narcotic, people will do anything to keep the supply rolling in. People who are addicted will stop at nothing. It answered a good many questions I've had over the years, questions that despite my intelligence I couldn't even begin to answer. And because Cindi gave me some answers I finally found peace and calmness and quietness in my head. Therefore, I'm not having a problem w/ anyone anymore. It's all settled and calm and finished.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The only problem I'm having now is this despicable weather! It's 23 December and do you know what I wore today? A pullover sweater and jeans. The weather didn't even have the decency to be chilly today! You would never know it's December, let alone nearly Christmas were it not for the decorations and Santas interspersed throughout the stores. I'd be tickled to see some flurries as we do have precipitation in the forecast but at 60°I don't think I'm gonna see a flake tonight. What treacherous weather we're having in the South!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This Christmas the plan had been to have a ham. That was Mom's plan I should say as she's never been a fan of turkey. But at Thanksgiving she made a grave error: She introduced Miss Pauline and the entire Lindsey Tribe to The Dark Side: Yankee Dressing and my Amish Noodles. Yes, we're Yankees, displaced in the South because Daddy loves steamy weather and hates snow. No, I'm not Amish. I'm Catholic. But in the North we lived near Amish communities and I don't care what anyone says, that Amish cooking is so good it'll make you want to slap your grandma! So I bought a dozen Amish cookbooks, making Daddy and Uncle Steve, and apparently the rest of our community extremely happy. However, if you ask the locals oh no, they don't want any parts of that Yankee cooking, they want Mama's good old cornbread dressing and not a one of them knows what a noodle is. They know what dumplings are, Mama makes those but they wouldn't touch a noodle. But my mom is ... pushy. We have monthly potlucks at our local firehouse and Mom made dressing and bribed me into making Amish noodles. Then she threatened everyone there, and they caved. So at Thanksgiving James was laid up after recent surgery, and the day after Mom took to Miss Pauline leftover dressing and noodles which she then shared w/ her son. They loved everything Mom took them and Miss Pauline promptly asked us to Christmas Eve Dinner at her house (w/the entire Lindsey tribe). Mom asked what she could bring and was told dressing and noodles. Oh, and that pea salad she makes. Miss Pauline could live on that goofy pea salad. So I told Mom: Since we have to make dressing, couldn't we please have another turkey? She caved. (Another benefit of being an only child: My parents cave easily.) So I battled the giant Kroger and bought a fresh -- never frozen -- Butterball. It may be I've lived down here too long and it doesn't take much to excite me anymore but I have very high hopes that this will be the best turkey I've ever roasted! I'll keep you posted -- but I'm not above lying if it sucks. *LOL*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


No comments: