Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone! (font repaired)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Something very unusual happened to me this morning. I forgave him. Anger is a heavy burden to carry but unfortunately I'm unable to just drop it at will. It takes time and lots of prayer, and this morning on Jesus' birthday I was blessed w/ the gift of forgiveness. And because I forgave I also forgot. We've not yet opened gifts as Daddy is still w/ Uncle Steve but I'm gonna guess this is the best gift I'll receive -- this year or any year. So I am very happy this Christmas morning!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Drinking coffee out of my Kliban Christmas coffee mug, gazing out the window can you guess what I do not see? Allow me to illustrate:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


nor

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But at least I can pretend!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Trust me, that would be better than the rain we've been having. That's winter in the South: rain, rain and more rain. I have to pause here to get the turkey in the oven but I shall return shortly. It's a small bird.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And now I'm back to finish this up. And Something To Be Proud Of by my favorite, Montgomery Gentry is on TV! This is going to be a great day! I'm glad I did my nails last night instead of this morning because getting the bird in would no doubt have destroyed my polish in Cherry Rain. Yes, I'm a habitual nail polish changer -- I can't help myself. Perhaps I should discuss that w/ Cindi. Trust me, we never run out of topics to discuss. There's always a crisis ... The story of my life.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Last night I took all the food to Miss Pauline's around 4.30 as she was expecting the Tribe to begin rolling in anytime but at the present no one was there except her. It was foggier than I've ever seen it -- I have foglights but still I creeped along about 20 mph because I didn't want to run over anything, especially a hideous Image hosted by Photobucket.com So we sat in her kitchen and talked and she actually got a little misty-eyed as she said, "We just love y'all so much! Y'all aren't friends, y'all are folks!" I said, "Miss Pauline, you know we feel the very same way about all of you! Heck, I've been family ever since I was James' campaign coordinator (James ran for Sheriff the first spring I was here) and I told my parents then, 'Once you get hooked up w/ them Lindseys they don't let you go!'" Which is really true -- they're just country folk in the most literal sense of the word and you can't help but love every single one of them! She said James and Patrick had been in the field w/ the cattle all day -- perish the thought! Mud had to be a foot deep everywhere! We sat and chatted for an hour until her daughter and son-in-law came dragging in at which time I left. She really didn't want me to but I truthfully told her I had to get to the market before it closed at six because I needed chocolate milk. She didn't even question me. Anyone who knows me I need a glass of chocolate milk before I go to bed or I'm just not Samantha. I'd also planned to go to St. Andrew's but it was so foggy I was spooked about going all the way out there on Hwy. 22 so I ended up missing out on Mass. *sigh*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So I get in town to Big Star which was closing at 6.00, grab my milk and a couple of other items and who's standing at the door waiting to close up? My old sweetie pie, Mr. Griggs! He saw me coming and opened his arms, gave me the biggest hug I've had in a very long time, wished me Merry Christmas. I'm so crazy about that old man it's ridiculous -- but again, this is the South and everyone loves everyone. It was wonderful seeing Mr. Griggs on Christmas Eve. Also one of the guys that works there who hit on me big time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I found an image online that resembles my little 90 lb. wolfie, Legs:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And boy, does she ever put her face in the air and howl, just as the image depicts! Now let me put up a photo of James' bird dogs:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Yup, even his redheaded Blue Tick hounds are rednecks! Image hosted by Photobucket.com Oh, me! I really crack myself up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Finally, my wish to you, all of you who read this, is to have the Merriest Christmas you've ever had before. Please know I've written this w/ love and forgivness in my heart, and my wish is sincere.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


And if you get a chance, drop me a line or leave a comment and let me know what Santa brought you! Now I have to finish wrapping gifts. Oh, me ...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad all is well with you! And you figured out what you needed to/

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday's to you too Sister, and I'm glad your heart isn't so burdened. I know it's been hard for you. I love you dearly!!
Our christmas gift was Kayleigh!!! She finally came home on Wednesday and I held her all day Sunday. And I have no problem admitting I was a bit put out that she needed her Mother back to eat. LOL
Love to you
Your Sister