Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday Season 2005 is FINALLY OVER!

At long last! It's only now, when the everything is open again, when nothing is closed "in observance of New Year's Day" that I can at long last stop holding my breath. Until 31 October, 2006. It's the same story year after year. This is not news. I have dreaded the holidays w/ a passion that knows no bounds for many years. From 31 October until after New Year's it's like I'm holding my breath. Gotta do the right thing, gotta do the right thing, gotta do what's expected of me ... Now I can finally breathe! And return to my normal status of being a hermit.

Note to self #1:
When the opportunity arises to purchase many candles in the most wonderful containers at a deeply discounted price -- especially since the candles themselves slip easily out of said containers -- don't just stand there like the moron you are and purchase only one!

Note to self #2:
When purchasing DVD's try to leave a few at the store instead of getting them all. Because fine actors such as Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman or Robert DeNiro star in them it's not a guarantee it's a fine film as well. It turns out they can be in some stinkers as well.

My mom's favorite soap "The Guiding Light" has apparently been canceled w/out any explanation. This throws her entire morning routine off! Usually she prepares breakfast for Daddy and herself which they have while the hideous program is on, from 9.00 - 10.00. Now what are they going to do??I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on the verge of doing Snoopy dances over this. Oh dear ... That was mean. But the change in programming is probably temporary so I feel safe in doing Snoopy dances ... For now.

Daddy stopped by this morning to ask how to get his cellphone off "manner mode." I've done this accidentally twice myself and had to call Verizon for help, as I told him. He said they're on their way to Jackson to visit Uncle Steve so he'll just go into the Verizon store instead of calling. Those two are always fiddling w/ the buttons and they expect me to reset things, which usually I can do but not when it comes to "manner mode." I don't recall how I accidentally got it there, or reset it. Right now they're using my last cellphone. I don't know why I kept the ones I no longer use but I did and I'm so glad! This is kinda funny: Daddy is ... accident prone. Their first phone fell in the river while he was tournament fishing so they used one of my older ones. Then that one popped off the holster on his belt and he drove his truck right over it. He felt the truck roll over it and jumped out to see what he'd smashed -- what was left was very sad. They kept it for awhile, I guess to mourn over it, or more likely to remind Daddy that he's the personification of the term "bull in a china shop." He always has been -- this isn't news either. So now they're using my last phone which is only a little more than a year old. I hope they hang onto that one until I replace the one I'm presently using. Perhaps it would be advantageous for me to buy that Razr this week. You never know w/ those two. Once my mom "lost" their phone for over a week but it turned out to be in her very neatly organized handbag believe it or not.

More later --

No comments: