Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Second Day of 2006

The weather is absolutely hideous today: 70°, sunny and breezy w/ not even a remote chance of snow. Last night I left the rear stable door open after I got Beer For My Horses because I knew it was going to rain, and rain it did, all night long. Maybe we'll have a flake or two of snow next month -- that would be a great birthday gift! But I'm not holding my breath.

I talked to Uncle Rex and Aunt Brenda yesterday. They were over at Uncle Steve's -- Uncle Rex "relieves" Aunt Pat every weekend and stays w/ Uncle Steve overnight on Friday and Sunday. So Uncle Rex said he's been making progress by leaps and bounds! He said he can now move his right arm and hand, that Uncle Steve's hand is very flexible! Aunt Pat is going back to work on 9 January and he's totally fine w/ it. His speech is coming back and he told her to go back to work. This has been such a struggle for him -- for the entire family, but it looks like a semi-happy ending. I don't see Uncle Steve ever being what he once was but even now he's doing things I wondered if he'd ever do.

In the latest example of false advertising a Las Vegas bodybuilder and his wife killed their personal trainer, put the body in the trunk of a Jaguar, and set the vehicle ablaze before fleeing to Boston. I heard the story on the last night's news. I knew that whole "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" slogan was a bunch of crap.

Here are three examples of Global Schoolyard Rhymes:

From FRANCE:
T’as les boules
T’as les glands
T’as les crottes de nez qui pendent

English Translation:
You have balls
You have glands
You have a nose booger that hangs

From INDIA:
(Language: Malayalam spoken in the Kerala province in south India and the only language whose name is a palnidrome)
Mazha peyyunnu
Maddalam kottunnu
Maraante achikku
Thooran muttunnu

English Translation:
It's raining
The drummer is drumming
The drummer's wife
Must take a s***

From SYRIA:
(in Arabic)
Ahky Engleezy
Ilhaas teezy

English Translation:
I speak English
Lick my a**

Aren't they disgusting? But if you have a great obnoxious kid rhyme from outside the U.S. let me know.

I got into an argument w/ my mom on New Year's Eve. (Even I can't believe it.) The Ducks had come for dinner and everyone was talking except me. I had nothing to say and I didn't care what was going on. I just sat there and toyed w/ my food -- I did eat a dinner roll, the only thing that wasn't too salty (for me). Daddy and The Duck were talking about eBay, and it finally turned to a seller who failed to ship my goods and in order to stay in my (and eBay's) good graces he refunded my money as well as sending me a gift, which turned out to be three screen printed T shirts. I had absolutely no use for them but told my parents I'd resell them either on eBay or in a tag sale. I had shown them the check and the T shirts and because I was on my way out, I just left the shirts there -- and totally forgot about them. At that point I asked my mom where those shirts were? She said, "They are no longer on the premises," w/ her nose in the air. I said, "WHAT?!?!" She responded that they were "filthy" and she threw them in the trash! Me: "You had no right to do that, they did not belong to you!!" Mom: "I don't care, I did it anyway!" Me: "You will never stop overstepping your boundaries! You don't even realize there are boundaries, you just do whatever you want and everyone else can live w/ your unilateral decisions or drop dead!" Daddy: "Hey, hey, Samantha, stop this NOW." Me: "She's not getting away w/ this, I have had it!" Daddy: "I'm not saying she's right. I'm saying this is not the time or place for this." I paused, then threw my napkin on the table and said, "You're right. Please excuse me." And I stalked out of her house, returned to my nest and slept. When I awoke I didn't feel any better. I still don't feel better. This is going to turn out like it always does -- I'll swallow my anger eventually and that'll be the end of it. As my dad says, "You'll never change her, she's going to do what she wants regardless of the consequences," which he's been saying my whole life. The "filthy" T shirts were -- for example, one said "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" and there was a girl in a bikini standing next to a horse. Another said, "She thinks my tractor's sexy" w/ a girl in a bikini standing next to a John Deere. It was the bikini that horrified my mother which she told me when she first saw the shirts. I had no intention of wearing it myself, I was just looking to resell them. I don't guess there's any chance of that now. And I am still livid! No one has tried to contact me since, and they won't. It's expected that it'll all be forgotten as always. Oh well, they're probably right anyway ... But I still wanted to resell them!! Sheesh!! However, that's a prime example of how up and down my moods have been recently and how I don't always use the brain the good Lord gave me.

Finally, I am posting the 2005 Not Very Good Book of The Month List:

JANUARY
How Jesus Makes Rainbows
Kansas Board of Education

FEBRUARY
Self-Published Ramblings of a Semi-Literate Recovering Alcoholic Who Praised His Own Book on Amazon
Edmund R.J. Phelps

MARCH
May I Fondle That For You?
James Lipton

APRIL
Rich Dad/Poor Dad's Guide To Just Making Theories Up
Robert T. Kiyosaki

MAY
Barbra Streisand's Angriest Faxes
F. Mellet

JUNE
Another Book with Questing Elves In It
David P. Morrison

JULY
The Seven Habits of the Five Highly Effective People You Meet In Heaven
Stephen Albom

AUGUST
Chopstick Better
Hu Lin Pang

SEPTEMBER
Trump: Trump On Trump
Donald Trump

OCTOBER
Consumer Reports Rates Bear Repellants
Various

NOVEMBER
The Truth About Santa
Michael Moore

DECEMBER
The Idiot's Guide To Books For Dummies
Various

I'm outta here --

No comments: