Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Chilly Morning, Hot Afternoon


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can't start a post w/out a photo of my current source of hotness. And now that I hae the countdown going we can all be aware of when I see him in concert. Yeehaw!! Damn skippy, even if I do say so myself.

The second thing I have to do is wish Evil Cousin a very happy birthday:



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingHAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUSTY!!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, I am wonderful and no, she doesn't deserve me. Hehehe ... Yes, I can gloat because I know she doesn't know HTML and I do!

It rained this morning and it was pretty cool outside and inside w/ all the windows open. But then this afternoon the sun popped out and it became warm and very humid. Now, at 8.00 pm the temps dropping and severe storms are headed our way. Daddy said Slim Pickens predicted 2" diameter hail, so Mom made him put even her car in. We've sort of switched things around: Daddy's pick up and the SUV go in the garage, Nathan is inside and tonight he moved Nathan so he could get Mom's aircraft carrier in -- yeah, the U.S.S. Nimitz. She bought it w/ hail damage so it can't hurt it unless it breaks a window. Even more tension on the homefront: Uncle Steve is in a wheelchair. His right leg and arm are still paralyzed, and he doesn't speak much. He's not changed since he came home from the hospital except maybe he's picked up a few more words. Aunt Pat insists someone be w/ him 24/7, so Daddy is the one who usually goes over of a morning at 4.45 am to sit and watch Uncle Steve sleep until Tara finally gets there at ... Well, when she gets there. Daddy is supposed to be at work w/ the Duck at 8.00 but often doesn't make it. Tara tends to oversleep, I'm told -- despite the kids having to go to school. (When I was in school, if you were late so many times per quarter you got detention.) Anyway, Mom is tired of Daddy's babysitting duties so she gets upset when he's summoned over there, whether it's staying until Tara shows up or loading up the camper to set it up at the campgrounds or bringing it back or -- anything! Daddy said he'd do whatever was needed, and he's a man of his word which is very, very admirable but when do you cut the umbillical cord -- as it were? I'm proud of him for being an admirable man but this just can't go on forever. My parents can't vacation, they can't even go away for the day because Daddy might be needed across the road. It's gone beyond the ridiculous!

For my part, unfortunately my feelings toward my uncle have changed and now I have little sympathy. I hate that about myself!! It seems three years ago when my father went over to my aunt and uncle's to talk w/ them about the whole "Retire early, Russ, so we can go fishing!!" deal, and the subsequent ignoring of my father ever since in lieu of Greg, Uncle Steve looked my daddy in the eyeball and said, "Well Russ, you'll just have to make new friends." And that was it. Daddy carried that around inside him for three -- is it four years? He never told a soul exactly what went on that night and I remember it as though it was yesterday because he admitted breaking down in front of them so it really stuck in my mind. Well here a few weeks ago we had guests for dinner one evening and Daddy related that story and slipped by telling all of it this time. I was so furious I asked to be excused in the middle of dinner. Sadly, that infuriation has subsided very little over the past few weeks, and that makes me very sad. I love my aunt and uncle but that was absolutely inexcusable -- not to mention, heartless and cruel. I could go on, but it's beginning to lightning and get really nasty here -- Slim Pickens just told us on TV so that means it's time to shut Blackie down for awhile.

More later --

No comments: