Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Am Freezing!!

God bless my daddy. But for heaven's sake -- he didn't have to go over to babysit Uncle Steve until 6.00 this morning and apparently his truck keys were in his pocket and got squished when he put on his shoes. So the alarm went off and because my windows were still open it woke me up. Oh, me. But it's so cold here I'm actually wearing a jacket inside the house. I absolutely refuse to turn the heat back on! It's 55 degrees outside -- Brrrrrrr! Remember, it was 91 degrees two days last week and mid-80s ever since ... until now. It'll be in the 70s for the next few days w/ more rain in the forecast and that's fine ... as long as I see no hideous centipedes. Putrid!

I actually made coffee this morning -- but not because I woke up so dang early. I'm not quite sure why I did that. A lot of things have changed about me but I don't know why. Making coffee first thing in the morning is no longer my habit and instead I might do it maybe once a week. (But I still only drink maybe two cups when I do.) I've become a lighter sleeper -- which, in the past when I lived alone I was always more "aware" of sounds at night but not on the ranch, never. This is light sleep. Previously, Daddy could have parked right next to my window and blasted his horn and it wouldn't have woke me up. I'm safe and secure here plus my entire life I've been a very deep sleeper. I don't know what's going on w/ me ... I guess I'm getting old. Oh! This is funny but it's also true: My son inherited deep sleeping from me and he so dislikes the sound of the vacuum that I'd wait until he was asleep in the mornings to sweep his bedroom. Truly! It didn't annoy him because he was asleep, and he never even twitched. That's what I call a very deep sleeper. Again, he was safe and secure so he slept well. Anyway, there have been lots of changes w/ me but I don't know why. I don't take my last dose of Ritalin in the evenings, I don't consume caffeine after the two cups of coffee -- if I even have coffee -- and I don't know what's going on w/ me. Strange. Lifelong (practically) habits are out the window anymore, and not for the better, either. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I see Cindi tomorow @ 1.00 and maybe we need to talk about that because all this really does concern me. It's not just the light sleeping and not making coffee. It goes far beyond that.

Now it's time for ... My current Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Truth be told, I have manyPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting but right now he's strongly on my mind. Concerts are just so much fun. They're exciting, they're thrilling, an experience like none other. I can't wait ... But from the looks of the counter I'm gonna have to. *pout* Waiting is agonizing as always ... Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's almost 10.00 and Mom's first soap will be over so she'll want to work on my stuff out in the shop. I have some news about that but I'll post it later -- Dang.

More later --

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been a light sleeper...*sigh* I think it is HORRIBLE! It never really bothered me until I moved to the city. Now having a MILLION other neighbors....I get ticked all too often. :-P So, I feel ya girly! BLAH!!!

Samantha said...

I've never been a light sleeper so this really worries me! But no way could I stand living in an apartment. I've tried it, been miserable every single time. That's why I REFUSE to buy a condo even though it'd be ideal for me.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

with us it isn't so bad, ours used to be a giant house that was converted into four apartments. So, our "house neighbors" aren't too bad, but the ones next to us....blah! :( And plus I live on the top (second) floor, so no thumping from above! *lol*