Actually

... my blog title should be more like "Beer For My Wolfdog?" because I have no horses, not anymore. They're all gone now. My babies are all gone, all the tack, saddles, show tack, grooming supplies, leads, halters, everything, gone! This 97 acre horse ranch is lonely, so very lonely ... There's a reason for everything -- it's said -- although sometimes I simply can't fathom why.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's a Good Thing

1. I finally set up the new automatic litter box this evening. It's good because I'm happy, but I don't know how the furballs are going to take it. Someone must have broken down and used it because I heard the sound of an F-18 taking off and I knew that was Mr. Littersweep. I kid you not -- my son stayed at Oshkosh during the annual air show -- EAA AIRVENTURE -- and the sound of fighter jets awoke him at dawn every morning for ten days. That's what Mr. Littersweep sounds like. I opted not for Ms. LitterMaid because -- this is a true story -- I located a litterbox website! I was looking for reviews on the LitterMaid because frankly, it's sort of a lot of $ if it turns out to be a crappy item but even if it weren't the $ I simply can't deal w/ much stress. I mean, you bring it home, set it up, it breaks in two days, you take it back and so on. So at this website everyone discusses their litterboxes and tips and tricks but too they seem to all have automatic boxes.
LITTERBOX CENTRAL
The Littersweep is rated #1, and it's far and above the LitterMaid so off I went to get it. This would not be your conventional style -- wait, I have a photo:

That photo is slightly deceptive. I've not yet figured it out but I think it's either a GIGANTIC cat sitting next to it or it's a smaller model than the one I have. What do you think? No, I mean what do you think about the litterbox? Isn't it cool? But the design is why it works so well. Evidently. Just take a gander at the litterbox website because those people are serious about their litterboxes.

So I was calmly sitting in the livingroom when I hear the unmistakable sound of:


I figured my little Penguinista had braved the new box and after a 30-minute time delay Mr. Littersweep did his thing. LOUDLY. Next thing I know the two furballs are rolling around in the hallway, rasslin' and hissin' at each other! I can come to only one conclusion: The electric eye on the new litterbox is causing my furballs to have seizures and think of each other as enemies! Perhaps they'll learn to avert their eyes ... However, I know what you're thinking: The roar of that thing will keep me awake? Uh-uh. Not this girl. I'll get used to it quick! It's a blessing, trust me.

2. I put together my Scunci Steamer together a few days ago when I had my wings clipped due to illness even though I knew Daddy was gonna explode -- he's such a sweetheart, he didn't let me down. I was in the midst of a U.T.I. and the whole "blood dumping into the bladder" thing spooked my parents although I was pretty okay w/ it, it didn't worry me much. But they didn't want me exerting myself at all I guess because the doctor recommended it ... Anyway, Scunci hasn't had her maiden voyage yet but get a load of it: My mom wants me to clean her baseboards ASAP! That's okay, it'll be fun! Well, maybe not fun but I'm really happy to do it. Doesn't it look like fun?

Okay maybe not. But I think it will be.

3. A couple of days ago I realized I would not be able to continue on w/ my present cellphone. I would be away from the ranch far too much, I needed a car charger which I've misplaced and -- hey! Don't yell at me! You try keeping up w/ something like that when you drive a half-dozen different vehicles, your parents borrow the charger, you move the thing around all the time -- sheesh! It's a minor issue, trust me. Anyway, I knew either I had to purchase another car charger because I was gonna be in Lovey a lot for a few days or I had to buy a new phone. I really wouldn't have minded getting another car charger because my parents can use it except for the fact that I still believe it's here, on the ranch, somewhere and when I accept it's gone I'll buy one for my parents. They'd never used one till they took mine when they were on vacation and they finally saw how convenient it is, and they liked it. Where was I? OH! I knew I had to do something so I went into Verizon and of course there were no less than a gazillion people in that store, and all I could think about was grabbing a phone and getting out of there as fast as I possibly could. I called a friend and asked if he could do it again, would he buy the Razr? Just like everyone else, he said absolutely not. I was forced to scratch the cute pink Razr off my list so at that point I didn't care what I got, and because I hadn't been planning on purchasing immediately I didn't check online beforehand. So I waited, waited, waited and they finally got to me. She asked what I was looking for in a new mobile phone and I was dumbstruck: "Uh ... I don't know, I'm really in a hurry," and I glanced at the display, saw a red one and said, "I'll take that one." HAHAHA, that's a fact and I can hardly believe it myself because I always do research and make informed purchases. ALWAYS! It wasn't until this afternoon I found out not only does it have a camera but also a camcorder -- so I shot Daddy sleeping. He wasn't moving very much but you can hear him breathing. And now, locating a photo of it I found out it's the Music Phone! Yeehaw. Just what I needed. Sigh. It even has stereo speakers but the only thing that caught my eye is the color: It matches Lovey!

Yeah, I guess I'm big on "cute."

And 4. We have some issues to deal w/ concerning Daddy but I know, deep down in my heart, that everything will be fine! Absolutely fine.

And now I've finally unwound enough that I can sleep, I think. I've not slept more than three hours per night w/ Daddy gone because I can feel him gone. There's a great big hole where Daddy's presence should be. *yawn* I love my parents so, so much! I am truly blessed!

Later~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the auto litter pan....but the are way tooo expensive! :( I'll stick with scoop! lol